Pastor, Roberts Community Church, Roberts, ID
We are searching for a Pastor for a Roberts Community Church in Roberts, Idaho. In this region, there are many areas of ministry to explore. This position consists of providing pulpit supply for area churches and opportunities to help at a local camping ministry facility, Old Faithful Christian Ranch in Island Park. This position also allows the opportunity to work alongside other pastors in the East Idaho Pastors Coalition for prayer and encouragement. Missionaries are available to connect with to reach children, youth, and the community.
This opportunity is in SE Idaho, commonly referred to as The Snake River Plain. Idaho Falls is the major city in the area. The area of ministry opportunity is north to south - 100 miles, east to west about 60 miles. Roberts, Idaho is a rural/agricultural area with a Nuclear Research facility on the west edge. While the people in this area are “working class,” there is a heavily Mormon influence. Those not involved in the LDS church are generally pretty independent.
The current pastor is nearing retirement and is flexible concerning his future involvement. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to use their ministry expertise to touch a community for Christ!
- While this position requires raising support, financial assistance may be available.
- Begin the application at infaith.org/iq
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the assistant pastor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preach, teach adults, and youth group
- Lead evangelistic efforts and outreach activities
- Provide vision for the church
- Recruit and oversee volunteer teams for projects
- Work with camp director and board to help ministry develop and expand for the camp
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Self-motivated student of the Word
- Experience with and love for rural ministry preferred
- Carpentry, Mechanical skills are a plus
- A servant’s heart
- Able to raise support
Education & Experience
Previous experience in leading a congregation. Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
- Full-time position
- Possible monthly funding from retiring missionary
- Not exactly what you were looking for? You could always start your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.
Feeling called to ministry?
InFaith connects people with relevant ministry in the United States. Answer the call.