Camp Director and Youth Missionary in Western Washington
We need an innovative and people-centered individual or couple to bring the light of the gospel to the youth of the Olympic Peninsula of Washington state. For over 30 years, local missionaries have run a two-week summer camp called Olympic Bible Camp (OBC) that has impacted the lives of rural and suburban youth, ages 8‑18.
In recent years, the camp has especially reached into the lives of young people from stressed and broken homes by providing a space where they can experience the love of God. The camp has also been instrumental in helping young Christians deepen friendships with unchurched friends, neighbors, and classmates.
The Youth Missionary will assume leadership for this camp session. They will plan camp dates and programming, market the camp to local churches, administer registration, and recruit volunteers. The experienced local missionaries are willing to act as a valuable resource by introducing the Youth Missionary to a network of supportive local churches and volunteers and helping to run the camp program.
The Youth Missionary will spend the rest of the year assisting local church youth ministries and starting new outreach programs. This role will allow the right individual to build on the work of an established ministry, while enjoying the freedom to apply their unique gifts and skills to reach into the lives of often overlooked youth.
- This position requires raising full support.
- Begin the application at www.infaith.org/iq
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the 2-week summer Bible camping program, including recruiting, training, and leading volunteers
- Assess, strategize, and implement ministry activities for youth year-round
- Partner with churches and ministries in the area
- Collaborate with leadership in the area camping program to brainstorm ministry ventures
- Teach and mentor children and youth
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Able to effectively administrate the operations of a Bible camp ministry focused on evangelism and discipleship; this includes planning, scheduling, and delegating both practical and ministry-related tasks
- Ability to recognize, strategize, and carry out new ministry opportunities as they are discovered
- Works well with people
- Ability to recruit, train, and lead volunteers
- Has vehicle in good repair for necessary travel around the area
- Physically active and capable of joining in with youth activities
- Musical abilities a plus
- Ability to raise support
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With field staff serving all across the country, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.
Feeling called to ministry?
InFaith connects people with relevant ministry in the United States. Answer the call.