Leader of Children’s Ministry at Glade Park Church
We are searching for an individual or couple to develop and lead the children’s ministry at a small, gospel-centered community church in Glade Park, CO. The children’s ministry leader would be primarily responsible for teaching the kids on Sunday mornings and planning and organizing new children’s outreach ministries.
Glade Park is located in Mesa County, a region of immense natural beauty and weighty spiritual and social challenges. Residents of the county grapple with high unemployment rates, homelessness, drug and alcohol addiction, and record levels of divorce and suicide. Leadership at Glade Park Church believe that a children’s outreach ministry could develop into a powerful venue for meeting needs and sharing Christ’s love within their community.
- While this position requires raising support, some financial assistance may be available.
- Begin the application at infaith.org/iq
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of the Leader of Children’s Ministry. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Teach the children on Sunday morning
- Organize and manage volunteers for children’s ministry
- Develop a children’s outreach ministry within the local community
- Provide counsel to children, pre-teens, and youth
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Has a passion for children and youth ministry
- Ability to connect and build rapport with young people
- Has reliable transportation
- Ability to work with a supportive board of church elders
- Ability to raise support
Education & Experience
Previous experience in children’s ministry. Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Part-time or full-time option
- Not exactly what you were looking for? You could always start your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With field staff serving all across the country, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.
Feeling called to ministry?
InFaith connects people with relevant ministry in the United States. Answer the call.