Missionary Pastor in Northwest Oregon
Currently in InFaith's NW Oregon field there are six InFaith-affiliated congregations functioning without pastoral leadership in communities that are ripe for the harvest! The missionary pastor would shepherd Mountain Home Church, one of twenty InFaith-affiliated congregations in the six counties surrounding Portland, Oregon. They would lead a small group of dedicated believers in reaching out to their rural community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shepherd Mountain Home Church
- Teach, network, and organize in a small rural setting
- Develop leadership and new events to share the gospel
- Ability to shepherd a congregation with diverse denominational backgrounds
- Raise support, meet donors and other churches
- Prepare a long-range, strategic plan for the church
- Report regularly to the Board about progress toward organizational objectives, the financial status of the organization, and other issues of concern to the Board
- Provide leadership and oversight for the church staff
- Promote a cooperative and cohesive team environment with the staff
- Serve as an effective coach and mentor and spiritual leader to the staff
- Oversight of programs and activities of the church with the stated mission, vision, and core values
- Continually monitor the quality, attendance levels, costs, and appropriateness of children, youth, and adult programs and activities
- Develop and implement successful fundraising programs
- Has an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Possess proven public relations and fundraising skills
- Experienced in church operations management, or the equivalent, including oversight of budgets
- Displays effective interpersonal skills (shepherding skill desirable)
- Possesses strong conceptual and visionary competence
- Part-time or full-time option
- Learn more about the church here: https://www.nworinfaith.org/
- Not exactly what you were looking for? You could always create your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With field staff serving all across the country, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.
Feeling called to ministry?
InFaith connects people with relevant ministry in the United States. Answer the call.