Assistant Pastor, Hope for Life Community Church, Watertown, SD
We are searching for an assistant pastor, transitioning into a head pastor, for Hope For Life Community Church in Watertown, SD. Hope For Life Community Church is a reformed church affiliated with the Christian Reformed Church of North America (CRC). This church was established in 2011 by an InFaith missionary. The candidate for this position would engage in pastoral ministry, including leading current missional home groups and establishing new ones.
Watertown, South Dakota, is a community of 22,000 people that has a rural feel to it. It has both a solid manufacturing base and an agricultural industry. Watertown includes a strong base of Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists, reformed, and Presbyterians. Most denominations have some representation in the town. There is also a solid education base and quality medical facilities since Watertown serves a significant outlying community. The church has a mix of about 50% working class, several elderly members, a few upper-middle-class members, and a considerable number of people living in poverty who struggle with various life issues.
The current pastor is nearing retirement and is flexible concerning his future involvement. Since the assistant pastor will play an integral role in the church's vision, it is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to use their ministry expertise to touch a community for Christ!
- While this position requires raising support, financial assistance may be available.
- Begin the application at infaith.org/iq
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required of the assistant pastor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preach, teach adults, and youth group
- Lead evangelistic efforts and outreach activities
- Lead a church board
- Provide vision for the church
- Recruit and oversee volunteer teams for building projects
- Work with camp director and board to plan and implement a vision for camp expansion
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Well versed in scripture
- Experience with and love for rural ministry preferred
- A servant’s heart
- Able to raise support
Education & Experience
Previous experience in leading a congregation. Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Full-time position
- Possible $2500/month funding from the church
- Not exactly what you were looking for? You could always start your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.
Feeling called to ministry?
InFaith connects people with relevant ministry in the United States. Answer the call.