Camp Director and Area Missionary in Oklahoma
We are looking for the next camp director of Camp Joy, located near Guthrie in north-central Oklahoma. Camp Joy is situated in an area with rolling hills and open prairie. Several buildings and a supportive, developed camp board provide an excellent opportunity to develop and grow the existing camp ministry. This is a perfect position for someone called to camp ministry as well as other ministry in the local area. Opportunity exists for community outreach, small church development, jail ministry and more as the candidate’s call meets the area’s needs. The candidate needs to have some experience in camping ministry including the ability to manage camp grounds as well as camp staff, volunteers, campers, and the camping program. This position requires raising full support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop Camp Joy’s camp programming
- Maintain and develop Camp Joy facilities
- Develop partnerships with local churches and communities
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteers
- Assess, strategize, and implement appropriate ministry activities, as needed
- Preaching in area churches, a possibility
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A love and desire to work in camping ministry
- Ability to recruit, train, and lead volunteers and volunteer groups
- Ability to repair things and manage camp facilities
- Ability to manage camp finances
- Ability to complete physical labor and activities required of a camp manager
- Ability to raise support
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Begin the application at www.infaith.org/iq
- See what others working in camping ministry are doing.
- Not exactly what you were looking for? Want to do the same thing, but in a different state? You could always start your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With field staff serving all across the country, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.
Feeling called to ministry?
InFaith connects people with relevant ministry in the United States. Answer the call.